Sunday 14 June 2009

Things I need to think about!

Things have been a little slow lately. I finished my second year over a month ago, and my progression so far has been...none.

So today, i've sat here and had a big ol' think about where the hell I am going. I have done this over and over again during the term, but I never really find the magic answer.

When I started uni, my long term goal was to write guide books, but over the last two years, my lil travel writing soul has been some what squashed. The thing is, it's up to me to get my arse in gear, use what I have learnt, and use the ambition that I had in the beginning (it's in there somewhere) and get things started.

If I feel I need to go on a course that I think will help my writing, sign up and do it! If I need to read other people's writing to learn from it, read it!

That's my biggest problem, I know where I am going wrong, but I don't seem to want to help myself! But hey, i've realised this now,it's time to stop blaming everybody and everything else and make my own opportunities.

I am gonna kick arse in the third year, do the best that I can (and not "take the line of least resistance", Terry).

I am going to stop thinking of uni as something that helps me avoid the real world, keeps me in my bubble and generally keeps me safe.

Happy Days...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment