Sunday 7 June 2009

Wedding Bells

Yesterday I went to the wedding of one of Paul's best friends, Roy and his lovely lady Maria. Sitting there, watching them take their vows on their tenth anniversary (!!!) I thought, I still think that marriage is one of the most romantic things couples can do.

I know that loads of people think, ah it's just a piece of paper, but I truly believe marriage is a beautiful thing, and on the day, when the wedding comes together, it's magic.

I want a career as a professional wedding guest haha, the romance of it just gets me everytime (cheesy I know, but hey). I'm the one sitting there as the bride and groom pledge to love each other forever, smiling with tears in my eyes at the romance of the whole thing.

And then, at the reception, there's the speeches, where the father gives his blessing, the groom tells us all why he loves his new wife so much (awww) and the best man also praises the happy couple.

And on to the party, woo hoo. After a loooooong day, everybody gets to let their hair down and dance the night away. Hooray.

So hopefully one day, I will get to be a mrs, but for now, i'm enjoying life on the guest list
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment