Wednesday 11 March 2009

TV Addict

I love TV. Like really love it, a stupid amount, cant imagine my life without it. I know, it's pathetic.

I spend way too much time watching all the soaps, reality shows and all the other crap on it. But every once in a while, I stumble across something that I actually learn something from.

Tonight, it is Deborah, 13, Servant of God. A programme about a 13 year old girl who lives a completely different existance to most. At the beginning of the show, the woman making the documentary showed her a copy of Heat magazine and asked her if she knew any of the people in it. As far as she was concerned, Victoria Beckham was just somebody who was married to Mr Beckham. I thought that was pretty interesting, I wish sometimes I didn't care who Perez was blogging about that minute. I did try to give it up once, but much like the cigarettes, I got sucked back in.


The big difference between me and Deborah is that she is deeply religious. I on the other hand know nothing about religion, and am not particularly interested in living my life that way either. But I do love to watch the programmes about people who live their lives in an extremely religious way. I love to see the things they believe, and how different their lives are to mine. I really like learning about how they believe all the stuff that I just find...unbelievable.


Like watching sermons before bed ( I prefer a good romantic comedy), or going to a shopping centre for the first time...ever!! Or that the world is going to melt??? I didn't quite get that bit.


Something else I don't quite understand is she keeps saying that we should all confess our sins to God as we could be hit by a car if we are outside....ever. And if this was to happen, we'd go straight to hell. But is this really what you want to hear at a party? Should people really force their views on you?

I don't know, she seems happy with her life, the same as I am with mine. It might be completely different, but it takes all sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment