Thursday 26 February 2009

Cleaning

I always used to whinge at my mum when I was little and family were coming round. This was because whenever anybody came round I had to clean my room. AARRGGHH! Cleaning is something I had a natural aversion to. Any kind of neatness or organisation and i'm out. Ask my sister. The poor girl had to share a room with me and is the complete opposite, everything she owned was where it should be, whereas I liked to scatter my stuff all over the room, her side my side everwhere, I honestly couldn't see the carpet 90% of the time.

Then when I moved out in 2006, I moved to Chester to work in the YHA. That's where I met Celia, my equally messy best friend. We once had a trail of clothes, books and general charity shop bargains that formed a path between our rooms.

So the reason I am writing this is because this weekend, Celia is coming to visit!! Yippee! However, rather than be content with her seeing my pit of a room, I have turned into my mother, I am going to clean...! What has happened to me? When did this little gene that makes me want to make people believe that I am not a complete tramp kick in?

But anyway, I am super excited to see miss Celia and mr Paul tomorrow, so I will happily (well almost) get on with my cleaning....tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment